Dayton, Ohio Asbestos Remediation Oversight
Case Study of Asbestos Project Design & Remediation Oversight
Asbestos Project Objective:
- Conduct the asbestos project survey:
- To identify those accessible building materials that may contain asbestos
- Collect and analyze bulk samples in accordance with EPA-recommended guidelines
- Report the types, locations, and quantities of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) present in the buildings that require abatement prior to their demolition.
- Provide Asbestos Abatement Specifications for removal of Asbestos Containing Materials.
- Provide on-site direction and oversight during asbestos removal activities.
Approximately 200,000 square foot commercial building with two stories plus crawl space and/or basement.
Scope of Work
Collected a total of one hundred sixty-three (163) bulk samples from the building, all of which were analyzed for asbestos fiber content by Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM). Some of the samples were in layers which resulted in a total of two hundred ninety-seven (297) PLM analyses.
Divided the building into a total of 63 homogeneous areas. Twenty-one (21) of the samples analyzed contained one percent (1%) or greater than one percent (1%) asbestos causing the materials to be classified as asbestos containing materials (ACM).
Performed a total of forty-eight (48) days of asbestos abatement activities at the building.
TKEC was on site to be a liaison between the owner, the construction manager and the abatement contractor, to review the abatement work performed, reject defective work, keep records of removal activities, ensure regulations were being followed and to determine how to proceed if additional asbestos was uncovered during abatement activities.
This asbestos project case study is a good representation of the asbestos testing around Dayton, Ohio and related services that Turn-Key Environmental offers. We represent the building owner and verify that all work was conducted according to strict state and federal regulations.