The IQAir Health Pro Plus Air Purifier
How it works
The Health Pro Plus air purifier has a series of filters which are stacked in line. Air is drawn in at the bottom of the air cleaner and passes through a series of filters. 100 per cent filtered air is then expelled out of the top of the air cleaner. The diagram below illustrates air flow through the filtration process.
The filtration process includes:
- Air is drawn into the air purifier through the air intakes at the bottom of the purifier. The air passes through the powerful pre-filtration: the Pre-Max Pre-Filter. At this step micro-particles such as pollen, pet dander and mold spores are eliminated.
- The air then passes to the V-5 Cell, which is a dual filtration technology with granular activated carbon adsorption. This is the most advanced gas & odor filter. It eliminates volatile organic compounds (VOC) which are responsible for odors and toxic chemical fumes. This V-5 filter destroys harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde.
- HyperHEPA Filtration is the final filtration and the most effective particulate filtration. It eliminates ultra-fine particles, such as bacteria, viruses and combustion particles from automobiles and smoke.
- The unique design of the Health Pro Plus helps to prevent shortcutting, which reduces the effectiveness of most air cleaners. Shortcutting occurs when the air outlet and air intake of an air cleaner are positioned too close to one another. This allows the newly filtered air from the air cleaner to be immediately re-filtered, wasting precious air cleaning capacity that should be used to filter polluted room air. With its air intake and air outlet at opposite end, the Health Pro Plus virtually eliminates shortcutting.
- Check out our online store to learn more.